[78-L] Victor Lead-in groove

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Oct 12 23:32:57 PDT 2008

At the NJ phono show I picked up a copy of Victor 25617 (unfortunately
with a rim chip NAP, but affecting the lead in groove. There is a
lock-groove about 1/64th from the rim and then the lead-in goes from
there. We discussed this a while ago but I am not at my own computer and
not at my reference library.  Was this in the midst of the numbers that
were mentioned as the start of Victor's lead ins?  When and where was
this recorded?  It is a RCA Mfg Co. Scroll label by George Hamilton and
his Music Box Music, whoever they are.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com