[78-L] DD metal parts

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Oct 12 19:39:04 PDT 2008

From: "DanKj" <edisone1 at verizon.net>

> Something close to 10,000 metal parts were stored at Henry Ford's "Edison Institute"
> I believe they have been sent back to West Orange.

There is photo of the storage area when they were in Dearborn in the
Dethlefson and Wile DD book.  They were in the process of being shipped
when I made my one trip there and wanted to see them.  They are in
plated form, meaning that they grew a metal negative and did not
separate the positive and negative.  This was supposed to protect them.
I do not know if they have tried separating them all these years later.

The site had long had a display with a blank wax, recorded wax, metal
parts, and pressings.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com