[78-L] New World Ballads

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Oct 12 08:28:33 PDT 2008

Steven C wrote:

OTOH...what I MEANT was that if the recordings were, for whatever reason,
mastered in the UK (thus explaining the 130* catalog number...?!), the
matrix
would have appeared in the run-out...!

When I read the description in the "Almost complete......", the first thing I did was check for UK matrix markings, but there are none.  In fact there are no letters or numbers in the run-off spiral except the record number.  The labels on the first 4 sides, (Westhill), are normal comercial gold on black Canadian Batwing late 30s style (gold ring all the way around the label).  Sides 5 & 6, (of which I have 2 copies), are early 40s style, (same as above except the gold ring goes only from the 8:30 to 3:30 position.

Have we established that 130847 and 130848 were never issued?

db