[78-L] Source for 10-inch LP inner sleeves

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Oct 10 21:24:53 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318 at comcast.net>
> Dave,
> It all depends on what you mean by cheap" and "cheerful."  If a buck a
> sleeve is not cheap enough, then you're chasing a lost cause.  What's your
> objection to card?  Nauck's Disc-O-File are $1 each, and Bags Unlimited
> S16LP 17x17 are less than $.76 apiece.  You might also contact Kurt Nauck,
> who auctions off many radio transciption discs each year, which are mostly
> 16".  He may have some spare sleeves.  But you know as well as I do that
> in this day and age you will  never find what you're looking for at 10 or
> 20 cents each, particularly in cheap paper.

HUH...?!?! I recall a time...not  that long ago, in fact...when actual 78rpm
phonorecords
could be had for a buck per each...?! Now it appears that the sleeves in
which to store
these selfsame phonorecords cost a buck per each...?!

Suddenly, I realize I have wound up in a hobby I can't afford...fortunately,
I have
accumulated about 50,000 phonorecords...?!

I see the hobby "dwindling  to death" for a number of reasons...not the
least being
three-buck records stored in one-buck sleeves...?!

Keep in mind that the average age of 78-L was rather high in the
fifties...and the
rest of us are, for the most part, "OFFICIAL senior citizens" (i.e. over
65...!)

In another decade or so, the number of available 78rpm phonorecords will
begin to be larger than the number of folks interested therein...?!

The final chapter will be one hapless 78-ophile tasked with purchasing all
the remaining 78 collections...at sharply reduced prices...?!

...stevenc