[78-L] Lord Buckley

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 10 09:49:55 PDT 2008

Just checking in LORD to see if it listed the personnel for Lord Buckley's 1955
RCA album (and of course, it doesn't) but I found this intriguing entry:

Lord Buckley
[B15296-7] Lord Buckley
Lord Buckley (vcl) acc by unknown pers. incl. Charlie Mariano (as) Nat Pierce (p)
Boston, MA ? , c. 1949
     Jonah and the whale    (unissued)    Motif ?

I wonder if this is the missing Dick Buckley side that was supposed to be on a
Solitaire LP "Comic Novelties Vol. 2" which I doubt was ever issued. "On a
Coconut Island" appeared on Volume 1 and I've been trying to source that for years.