[78-L] relative to fonts & character map

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 9 21:54:16 PDT 2008

Hi all:  Relative to the discussion on fonts & symbols therein.  I ran into a little freeware program that might interest some who couldn't find their character map.

Go to www.freewarehome.com   (I have not tried it out; but, this is a safe site)

in the directory at the left scroll down to you find the "Graphics" section, then click "Font Tools" and you'll find a program called "MapofChars" in the ones that appear.    There will be a download button toward the right of that main pane.

There are also free font viewers at this site as well as a handful of fonts (located in that same graphics section).  But nothing like the 1000s located at the two free sites I listed before:

www.1001fonts.com
www.acidfonts.com

the special symbols (and they can be anything from silhouettes to corporate logos) are called "dingbats" at these sites.

Have fun,  Swamp Daddy