[78-L] recording times

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 9 08:17:03 PDT 2008

Steven:  Yep, I  had one of those cheap battery operated units.   Talk of wow, flutter, and other distortion seemingly built in to those units.   And, I don't know about you; but, everyone seemed to talk like Mickey Mouse when you played them back.

I got a very small, very cheap GE unit using those small answering machine casettes which was voice activated (when it worked right).  My kids used it in much the same way on their friends much as you did when young.  This around 1990 or so.

Gives you some hope that the current crop of kids turning into young adults may be ok after all.

Swamp Daddy