[78-L] 78 sleeves--was:Inner sleeves

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Oct 8 23:05:01 PDT 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> As well, there are WONDERFUL British heavy-paperboard dealer sleeves...
> often interesting because they often advertised the OTHER merchandise the
> dealer also sold! In fact, I had one which advertised records on one side...
> and gas lighting fixtures and mantles on the other...?!
>
> ...stevenc
Denmark was one of the other European countries that almost universally
used the heavy dealer sleeves.  My favorite one is similar to what you
describe except that this sleeve is advertising electric sun-lamps with
a picture of a naked woman and an equally naked little boy who appears
to be about 10 years old.

I'm trying to think of an appropriate song title to put in that sleeve.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com