[78-L] 78s to CD (with or without a computer)

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 14:56:33 PDT 2008

Sure Al; but, I prefer not to buy a separate standalone CD recorder as my computer is (to me) the cheaper way to process all media (including old home movies to DVD).   And, of course you can do rearranging of tracks on the computer and mix them up, process them for noise, and delete excess gaps between songs.    All of which are harder to do on standalone machines.  And, Al, you might recall a year or so ago when you were trying to learn to make MP3s for internet transmission.   Does your standalone make MP3s, just curious?  The ones I have seen a friends houses do not.

But, Al, if you like it then that is the way to go for you.   Nothing wrong there.

Harry

PS - I'm sure glad 78-L is back on the air (or perhaps back on-line is more correct)