[78-L] Sorta speaking of LP sleeves

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 14:12:40 PDT 2008

In a message dated 10/8/2008 5:06:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
swampdaddy at bellsouth.net writes:

I use an  old Miller (model 595) AM tuner.   This is essentially a crystal
radio and you have to have a decent antenna for it; but, it will pull them  in.
 It won't handle AM stereo; but, few stations are broadcasting in AM  stereo
anyway.   The one station here in town which does broadcast  AM stereo is
mostly talk radio now and has no dedicated music programs any  more.

I have one of these!  Requires no external power.  Isn't it  called a TRF
detector?  Anyway, local stations come through with full  fidelity.  But these
days who cares?  8>)

Don Chichester