[78-L] swastika, was WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Wed Oct 8 07:47:11 PDT 2008

At 16:26 08.10.2008, you wrote:
>I checked the character map for a swaskita, even searched for it, but it
>was not found. I did find cyrilic, music notation, fractions, a sun (but
>not a face), but no swastika. I only checked unicode, not every font,
>and I did not see a wing ding font, so unless it is in some special font
>there doesn't appear to be one. There's also a circle P symbol but I was
>not able to get the code to work. Stuck with copy/paste. I think it's a
>Vista thing.
>
>joe salerno

There are swastika-shaped Chinese characters, both "left-turning" (like the Buddhist symbol) and "right-turning" (like the Nazi emblem).

Unicode (hex) 534D (left-turning)
Unicode (hex) 5350 (right-turning)
The Chinese pronunciation is "wàn" for both, one being seen as a scribal variant of the other.

Good luck accessing these without a Chinese input editor!

Chris Zwarg