[78-L] kostelanetz materials donated to LC]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Oct 7 21:45:18 PDT 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

The Lombardo Victor of Sweethearts on Parade from the 20s can be played
in sync with his Decca of it from the 40s.  On the other hand, Welk did
some very modernistic arrangements on his LPs, but certainly stuck to
the old style on the TV show.

> And in this day and age, the
> Rolling Stones are doing exactly the same thing...!

They're set in stone.

> Remember Pat Boone's ill-advised foray into punk rock...?!

He always was a trend setter.  (that's a joke, son.)

Mike (don't get me started on Boone's covers) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com