[78-L] A "heads up" for our Canuck contingent...!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Oct 5 23:14:05 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Hey..I hadn't even noticed that BiWay had gone bi-byes.

Nope...! Unlike 99.9% of GTA suburbanites...I'm POOR...and was even freakin'
POORER before I finally turned 65 and could collect pension money...!

I used to regularly shop at Bi-Way...in fact, I shop EVEN MORE  at
Dollarama...
because those are/were places I could freakin' AFFORD to frequent!

It will be interesting to watch (for me, anyway...?!) the behaviours of the
XXI-Jahrhundert "nouveau riche" as the next Great Depression strikes, and
spending a couple hundred on "a dinner out" is suddenly replaced by
trying to scratch up a couple hundred to make the month's mortgage
payment and pay at least PART of the utility bills...?!

My advice? Find an elderly relative who lived through the "Great
Depression," and get his/her/its advice on how to survive...?!?!

...stevenc