[78-L] Harry Secombe - Operatic Tenor.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 5 05:32:01 PDT 2008

Hi!

Joe Salerno said of Harry Secombe...

"He actually could belt out a few notes".

Hey! He was a bit better than that! He took proper vocal lessons and,
I think that he could have been a better singer than Pavarotti, had
he so chosen. However, he always liked getting laughs and maybe
didn't have the mental approach to go through endless operatic
rehearsals. Maybe he liked getting laughs too much.

On the other hand, Caruso was known for his sense of humour, so, who
knows what could have been!

I have here several of the Goons 78s, though not the silent one AND I
have Harry Secombe's Philips records both on 78 and LP.

Earl.