[78-L] Test

Malcolm malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Sun Jun 11 08:51:18 PDT 2023

Actually I do have a few questions/comments.
Recently I got a nifty record with an error on the label and I'm curious
to know how rare/obscure it is.
It's the Ink Spots on Decca 2286 doing "If I Didn't Care" b/w "Knock
Kneed Sal". But it's credited as by Inks Spots.on both sides. All other
issues I've seen are as by Ink Spots, of course.
But how rare is my copy? Was it an incorrect first pressing run that was
pulled from issue, or a later issue? Can you imagine a label run of this
nature not being noticed fairly quickly, or do you think some
mischievous proofreader let it pass as a joke?
IIRC, this was a pretty popular record back in the day but I've never
seen another copy as by Inks Spots before.
Must be worth them BIG BUCKS! Hah!
Malcolm

*******