[78-L] Quality & Reo - Canadian labels

dlennick dlennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Sun May 7 19:26:30 PDT 2023

Ask Graham Newton about cutting Canadian masters from US 45s in the 60s.
I'm sure some companies weren't bothering to send tapes to Canada for 78
issue once they'd stopped making them in the States..I had a Regency 78
of Petite Fleur by Bechet that was clearly dubbed from an off center 45.
London was issuing Imperial in Canada by sometime in '56 but on black
label, and I guess just after Blueberry Hill had been a hit.
dl