[78-L] wanted EJs biography Edward J Smith Eddie Smith

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Fri Mar 31 17:10:42 PDT 2023

On 3/31/2023 6:12 PM, Kristjan Saag wrote:
> Jenny Lind's history is well researched and I've yet too see a serious
> mention of a lost - or preserved - recording of her voice. The article
> you refer to implies that there exists such a recording within the
> Swedish Royal Family, which is pure fantasy.

Hey, I just quote them! But seriously, if he were a former press agent
(what we today call a publicist), a little hype and exaggeration would
bring people in to hear his talk! The average reporter for a local
newspaper in a small town would just take him at his word, and that's
probably what Mr Smith was counting on!

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies