[78-L] April Foolish

Jeffrey Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com.invalid
Fri Mar 31 00:12:11 PDT 2023

> For the first time in many years, I'll be on the air for two hours on April
> 1st.  Would you all be so kind as to propose big band era funny records,
> foolish things, and maybe just a list of the more outrageous Fats Waller
> discs.
>
> Rodger Holtin

Here are a few:

I Like Bananas Because They Have No Bones - Willie Bryant and His
Orchestra, Bluebird B-6436

Knock, Knock, Who's There - Fletcher Henderson and His Orchestra, Victor
25373

The Horse with the Lavender Eyes - Johnny Johnson and His Orchestra,
Conqueror 8505

Shut the Door (They're Coming Through the Window) - Johnny Johnson and
His Orchestra, Melotone M13444

It's a Great World After All - Don Redman and His Orchestra, Brunswick 6344

Jug Blues - Rex Stewart and His Orchestra, Mercury 8001

That last one was recorded in 1946, so you may consider it outside of
the big band era. You might want to use it anyway, since it's pretty funny.

                     jeff at swazoo.com
                     Check out Swazoo Koolak Photography
                     at http://swazoo.com/