[78-L] Test -- and young record-spinners.

Matthew Balcerak mjbalcerak at yahoo.com.invalid
Sat Mar 11 13:45:09 PST 2023

 If your granddaughter is into Beatles, maybe some 50s doo wop or rock n roll 78s would be most appropriate.

I would also suggest taking a garbage record and allow her to break it or drop it.  Or all your garbage records and really have some fun with it!  I make sure all my nieces and nephews have broken a record before I let them play around with the collection.

If I found myself in the same situation, I wouldn't be able to help taking a cross-section of 20s-40s pop.
Tiger Rag, Blue Skies, Baby Face, Happy Feet, Sing Sing Sing, Caldonia, etc.

Final suggestion, ask about some of her favorite movies, hit the soundtracks, and see if you have any of the original pressings.  I don't know what movies 7 year olds are in to... but I know Wall-E had Edith Piaf song, 'At Last' was in a Marvel movie at some point, etc.  Maybe the newer Harry Potter movies have some actual period songs in them (I have no idea)

When I was that age, my go to records were snoopy and the red barron on 45 and the bedknobs and broomsticks soundtrack.

Have fun corrupting the next generation!
-Matt-