[78-L] Victrola motor repair

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sun Dec 18 15:09:29 PST 2022

On 12/18/2022 4:22 PM, Ron L"Herault wrote:
> I don't have a lot of parts but some of the more common ones, for sure.    I
> usually deal with George Vollema of Great Lakes Antique Phonographs when I
> need parts, even wooden cabinet items.  He's got a warehouse or two full of
> parts machines.

That's where the parts are coming from. He is very knowledgeable and
helpful. George informed me that the screws I was looking for are not
necessary. Evidently the holes were originally for use when the machine
was crated.

He just emailed me with prices. They should be in my hands in a few
days. Evidently he doesn't mind doing this sort of work on Sundays. That
gives me more time to get the finish worked up a little nicer. It was a
horrible mess, but now I have some spots where I got a little carried
away with removing old shellac and the grain is coming through.
Fortunately, shellac is very forgiving.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully