[78-L] test

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Fri Dec 16 22:20:26 PST 2022

Just so we aren't accused of being too irrelevant, How many of you have
worked on old phonographs?

I am currently restoring a Victrola VV-Xa. I think it's from 1918. When
it's done it going back to the thrift shop for sale.

It was slathered in shellac, but underneath the thick, black gook is a
beautiful finish. I never worked on one before and it's been a great
deal of fun doing archaeology on it. I found a  fellow in Florida who
has all the parts. It really doesn't need much. The veneer is all here.
I am on the assembly side now.

I can't wait to hear it make music again. By Sunday, I think it will be
ready to play.

Lovin' old technology!

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.