[78-L] (no subject)

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com.invalid
Thu Aug 25 21:49:20 PDT 2022

I love Facebook and  I've also always enjoyed 78-L...but after collecting 78s for 50+ years since I was 12,  I just stopped buying a few years ago...I'm still interested in the subject of the records but have been focusing more on the stuff ON the records...and Facebook is good for that with music chat groups,  including a few devoted to dance bands.

I keep an eye on a few eBay auctions but don't bid...but I'm always interested in what turns up...right now Paul Solarski has some very interesting unissued test pressings of 1940s Goodman Columbias,  not just unissued takes but some that were never issued at all...they should be of great interest if there are any Goodman completists out there.

One thing I did acquire a while ago is a late test pressing of the unissued Gus Arnheim with Joan Crawford of "How Long Will It Last."

Does anyone know if it was ever issued on an LP or CD?

Let's all keep in touch...and thanks for Malcolm for the wake-up call.

Taylor