[78-L] 1952 lacquer record question

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Thu Aug 25 15:47:00 PDT 2022

The early 1950's was a transition period between 78's and 33's/45's and
coarse groove/ microgroove and saw quite a few microgroove 78's
introduced, as well as Deutsche Grammophon's variable microgroove (1950).
Philips issued both 7'' and 8'' microgroove 78's in Europe and there
were similar efforts in the USSR and the US. Not only for instantaneous
discs.
Kristjan