[78-L] Lyric on Victor Radio Tone Demonstration record?

J. E. Knox rojoknox at gmail.com.invalid
Sun Jun 26 16:16:54 PDT 2022

Greetings from RojoLand!

I posted a query about this on the Facebook "78 rpm records & cylinders fan group" page recently and got a few replies, but since some of you folk here are not on FB I'll ask here as well:

Trying to suss out the lyrics sung by The Revelers on the Victor Radio Tone Demonstration record, "Victory" (D-1-B). It's rather under-recorded at that point, and so far I can make out only part of the lyrics. The first part isn't tough:

"Music, that language fair
That binds mankind everywhere
In one sweet accord
In the Kingdom of Tone."

But the second is harder. All I can make out is:

"It is the [true -something-?]
Sustaining through years and [???]
A guide to the gold
Through the Kingdom of Tone."

Here is a link to a folder on Box.com containing transfers of both sides of Victor D-1 (I have a clean copy), plus a filtered excerpt (an attempt to make the lyric more intelligible, which Chris Zwarg tells me did not help):

https://app.box.com/s/6yi400hp0gnm7ahm19iueswre1pusarb

The tune "Victory" (Victor's Radio Signature) was also issued as "Victor March" on Victor 22390-B. There is no connection to the "Victor March" written by Arthur Pryor and recorded by his band some 25 years "prior" [pun intended].

Any help is welcomed! Thanxes!

Take care,
--
J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"