[78-L] celebrity jazz fans?

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Apr 9 22:52:40 PDT 2022

Paul McCartney’s dad had a group in 1920 - Jim Mac’s Jazz Band.

He gave Paul a trumpet - which he later traded for a guitar, but was deeply influenced by his dad’s piano-playing and record collection - and by the whole British Trad Jazz movement -

Here’s a video of Paul - a remarkable talent by any standards - picking up the trumpet 70 years later and playing it with confidence -

George Harrison listened to Django as a teen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvF9ZUrHMHQ

Cheers,

Andrew