[78-L] First real LP

dlennick dlennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Mon Feb 28 14:27:41 PST 2022

L-7001 for the Stokowski (Beethoven's 5th), 1931. Many of those Program
Transcriptions were direct cut but as you say, weren't microgroove.

And apparently Tempo was out with 33RPM microgroove discs a couple of
weeks before Columbia. But in 1948, nobody was making new recordings, to
tape or anything else, till late November when the AFM ban ended.

dl