[78-L] First real LP

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Mon Feb 28 13:57:53 PST 2022

There is the media, as is being discussed here, but on the other end of
sales is the consumer. What sort of equipment was being offered to play
them on? I am surmising that the entry of long playing records was
delayed by the war, as was the phonographs to enjoy them on.

Then we also have the birth of high fidelity. Surely it was available to
premium audiences first and the media style to suit that audience.

It would be great to see and read some of the early advertising. Was
radio behind it first or was it intended for personal use?

Another avenue, when was hi-fi opened to other audiences, such as jazz,
popular music?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully