[78-L] Ruth Olay

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Tue Sep 14 21:44:37 PDT 2021

	Mercury pressed USA 78s as late as May 1958. So there is a chance
that her 45s were also issued on 78. Just a chance. And then the
possibility of 78 foreign releases even later, as for Canada.

	RayK

	-----------------------------------------From: "Mark Bardenwerper"

 On 9/14/2021 3:00 AM, RODMANLEWIS wrote:
 > Is this one?
 >
 > Ruth Olay With Orchestra Cond. By Jerry Fielding:
 > Ruth Olay (vcl) acc by orchestra, Jerry Fielding (cond)
 > New York, January 26, 1958
 > 17847 On behalf of the visiting firemen Mercury 71432
 > 17848 Congo-blues [on a freighter two days out of Delaware]
 > (unissued)
 > 17849 Miss Otis regrets -
 > 17850 Sophisticated swing -
 >
 > Julian Vein

 Perhaps then we might ask when Mercury stopped issuing 78's.

 --
 Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
 Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully