[78-L] Glaydys Tsutumi post from 2009 Search

ron at fial.com.invalid ron at fial.com.invalid
Mon Jul 5 23:29:04 PDT 2021

There were two posts regarding  Gladys Tutsumi found in 2009
   ( from 78-L mail list administrator)

=======================  (1)  ============================

[78-L] Gladys Tsutsumi
Jan Hovers janhovers at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 7 06:34:26 PST 2009

Dear list members,

have a question about a mysterious record. It is a familiar Japanese folksong. But I can´t find
any details of it, nor in my guidebooks, nor on the web. It is really a lovely recording.

The title is TONKO BUSHI, recorded on (Japanese) Columbia Records, cat.nr. A 1171,
matrix M 1212223

It is  sung by Gladys Tsutsumi with Columbia Orchestra
Authors:  verse: Michael White, Melody: Masao Koga, Arr.: Raymond Hattori

hope to find out more about Gladys Tsutsumi and also about this recording (date
and place)

The  label is partly in English and partly in Japanese.  I would be very happy to hear from
you!

Jan
Hovers

Amsterdam, The Netherlandswww.78rpm.hovers.nl
Jouw nieuws en entertainment, vind je op MSN.nl!
http://nl.msn.com/

[78-L] Gladys Tsutsumi
Hopkins/Kato hopkat at sa2.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Feb 7 16:49:50 PST 2009