[78-L] Tony Bennett 78

Malcolm malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Mon Apr 12 09:37:33 PDT 2021

Aloha, folks -
Okay, I finally have a germane question for the list. Lately I usually
just watch and learn but the answer to this burning question has eluded
me for awhile. Lyrics aside - which still makes me nuts, something
involving monkeys, palm trees and paradise (?) - can anyone tell me who
plays the electric steel guitar on "In The Middle Of An Island" by Tony
Bennett (Co 40965, NYC, rec. c. 1957)? Who generally did the steel
duties for late 1950's Columbia sessions?
I'm also still stumped about how monkeys ended up in palm trees on a
Pacific island. And I really don't see how that comes close to Paradise.
Monkeys and Paradise don't mix.
Ever been to the zoo? Ever see what monkeys like to throw at the gawkers
while they laugh (and we ain't talkin' coconuts)?
I rest my case.
Oh, I could also use the recording date and location. Thanks!
Malcolm