[78-L] QUESTION FOR dl

BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Sun Dec 6 19:05:45 PST 2020

Here’s a couple - on CJBC at 9 AM, “Music in the Morning” used Brahms’ 1st Symphony, at 8:30 on CBL, “ Musical March Past” used “Sabre and Spurs”, school broadcasts used “Academic Festival Overture”. As was mentioned a few weeks ago, “Sargent Preston” used “Donna Diana Overture” and the “Lone Ranger” used - (now what WAS the name of that piece?). I think the Lux Radio Theatre used the finale of Swan Lake. In the late ‘50s, CFRB had a program called “Music in HiFi at 10PM that played the end of “Marche Slav” as a theme, and either CHFI or CFRB had a classical show that used  “My life is Love and Joy”. Later, CHFI’s overnight classics show used Rachmaninoff’s second Symphony slow mvt.

Sent from my iPhone