[78-L] obscure music publication ??

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net.invalid
Thu Nov 26 12:53:53 PST 2020

I am trying to identify and locate a music publication which had an article
about "coon songs" -

I THINK (no guarantee) I remember the following:

  Oversize (perhaps Life/Look/Colliers etc. size or tabloid newspaper),

 on cheap paper (perhaps newsprint),

 very few issues then absorbed by one of the slick music magazines (High
Fidelity, HiFi Stereo Review),

 publication date PERHAPS late 1950's or into the 60's ???.

It may have name THE LISTENER or something like that (NOT to be confused
with UK BBC publication)

Hope someone can identify this, perhaps supply copy of the article.

Happy HEALTHY Thanksgiving!

Thomas.