[78-L] War of the Worlds

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Fri Sep 18 15:37:59 PDT 2020

Well, apart from Tchaikovsky's first Piano Concerto (the theme song that
starts and ends the show):

The first three dance orchestra pieces, played by "Ramón Raquello & His
Orchestra" are

La Paloma
La Cumparsita
Stardust

The one played by the "Bobby Millette Orchestra" is

Love Locked Out

The first piano piece (at 9'10) is

Chopin's Nocturne, op. 9 no 2

The second piano piece (at 16'00) is

Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu

The third piano piece (at 18'20) is also Chopin, but I haven't been able
to identify it.

There was a discussion on old.time.radio at oldradio.net many years ago
about the music, where Brian Lee Corber reported that the two final
orchestral pieces, apart from the end theme by Tchaikovsky, were (at 55'18):

Pelléas et Mélisande by Debussy

and (at 56'40):

...the only music in the programme composed by Bernard Herrmann, a piece
he later used in the Jane Eyre-movie.

Times given here is for the Sinetone AMR 2011 digital issue of the
broadcast.

Link to the oldradio.net-discussion:
http://pascalfroissart.online.fr/3-cache/2002-miller.pdf

Kristjan