[78-L] War Of The Wolrds

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com.invalid
Tue Sep 15 15:51:46 PDT 2020

The other selection, "True," played by "Bobby Millette and his Orchestra"
dated to 1934, and isn't a song you would have been likely to hear on any
band remote in 1938. I wouldn't be surprised if Hermann went into the CBS
music library and just randomly grabbed a few stock arrangements.

Elizabeth

On 9/15/20 1:12 PM, "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net.invalid> wrote:

Actually, but 1938, all the songs played on the show by the dance band were
> thoroughly dated - they would have been appropriate in 1931, but by 1938 there
> were many newer Latin tunes that had far greater currency.

Dave Weiner

On
> 9/15/20, 9:07 AM, "Peter Muhr" <78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com on behalf
> of pemuhr at gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

    Everything, including the
> Tchaikovsky opening, was played live by a studio
    orchestra.
    Peter