[78-L] Sinatra Question

Stewart, Randy RandyStewart at MissouriState.edu.invalid
Wed Jul 22 12:32:09 PDT 2020

Ding-ding-ding!  Kristian Saag seems to have the correct answer.  Paul Williams' instrumental version of the song seems to come to a stop right before the end of the disc, causing somebody to yell "Not now! I'll tell you when!" And the riff then picks up again for a few bars before a final fade-out.  I always assumed it was Paul Williams himself, acting as bandleader, who shouted the line--if not him, then who?  The blog post Kristian mentioned --  www.spontaneouslunacy.net/paul-williams-the-hucklebuck-savoy-683/ -- is a great source of info about the song.

Randy Stewart
Arts Producer
KSMU-FM
Springfield MO