[78-L] Now that Needle Doctor is gone...

Margaret Still mgstill at yahoo.com.invalid
Tue Jul 7 19:46:14 PDT 2020

Thank you, Rodger! I called them many years ago and they were very helpful but I decided to go with Needle Doctor back then. But since I'd forgotten about them, you helped me, and I will contact them. I have been on the list for many years but don't post much. I started collecting 78's back in the late 80's because I heard deejays playing their personal 78's on WFMU. I wanted to hear things I was unfamiliar with, and also found that some recordings (especially country and Western Swing) had a pungency on 78 which didn't seem all there on LP's. I guess these reasons for collectiong 78's are about the same as some male collectors. But I know that women seem to be in a definite minority for 78's and 45's - I'm usually the only woman there when I look through stacks of vinyl at estate sales and thrift stores.
Best,Margaret G. Still