[78-L] Behind Every 78 Recording Lies a Story - Internet Archive Blogs

Rodger J. Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Jun 30 19:50:44 PDT 2020

I got the feeling from reading the narrative that this stuff was all new to these people. I remember the original thrill of hearing Spike and Red Ingle for the first time. I remember as a teenager my first encounter with the OKeh Laughing Record with some fondness as well. I’m guessing, based on the language and tone of the narrative and the picture of the author that these are young people. I’m glad they seem to be enjoying what they’re doing. There may be hope for the world after all.

Thanks for the post, Mark. Well worth a few minutes of my time.

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles

Sent from my sluggish old iPhone, which explainz any bad typjng, bad spellimg, nonsensical word choices, delays and all other lapses.