[78-L] Vera Lynn

RODMANLEWIS . julianvein at gmail.com.invalid
Thu Jun 18 14:35:09 PDT 2020

If I were to write my autobiography I would call it "I Knew Vera Lynn's
Mother-in-Law". Well, I didn't actually know her, but my mother told me our
back garden backed onto hers in Stamford Hill, north London!
I  recall a TV programme about her rendition of "We'll Meet Again" that it
wasn't found acceptable by the BBC because it expressed an ambiguous
sentiment, rather than a positive one?

     Julian Vein