[78-L] Stay Up Stan, The All Night Record Man

David Lennick dplennick at yahoo.com.invalid
Fri May 15 14:53:09 PDT 2020

 Redskin Rhumba is definitely a continuation of Skyliner..I once joined them seamlessly in a CD compilation.

dl

From: Inigo Cubillo <ciadelgramofono at yahoo.es.invalid>
To: "78-l at klickitat.78online.com" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Date: May 15, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Subject: [78-L] Stay Up Stan, The All Night Record Man

This record mentioned last month... I learned about Charlie Barnet through his Decca recording of Skyliner. It was used as theme in a radio program I listened to when a child of ten, 1973... The very first program I found devoted to 78s. It was great. I used to listen in a radio cassette with a fresh tape to copy the program. I still keep some two dozen cassettes of it. They used to be thematic, and each Sunday morning they played recordings on a theme from the early twenties Up to the fifties. Great. Many years later I bought a Spanish Decca pressing of that record. By those years I also bought a 5 lp set of a jazz collection very nice, That's Jazz,  by Everest, issued in Spain by Discophon,  which had Cherokee, by Barnet. I feel in love with that! By then I still didn't collect 78s... By then I also acquired RCA Records – PL-12086 by bing Crosby,  full of good bing records of 1928—1931on one side, and another lot of 1956 recordings with Bob Scobey on the other side. Marvelous. Done years later I started collecting 78s, but it took me years to find the original Victor records of bing. Then I find the original Cherokee of 1939, and the Redskin Rhumba,  and Stay up Stan...  All marvels of Barnet. The three songs seen to me a continuation of Cherokee, the original idea by Barnet.
Enviado desde Outlook Mobile