[78-L] 78s for radio exercise programs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com.invalid
Wed May 6 01:14:31 PDT 2020

Jack LaLane also issued records. They were on colored vinyl which makes theme collectible. There also were LPs by Debbie Drake and Jane Fonda. Back in the 20s in addition to Walter Camp there was a set on Victor of three discs, and then around 1926 Victor replaced them with a 2-disc set by boxer Gene Tunney.  Walter Camp’s set was also available with the instruction cards for women’s exercises. All of these were 10-inch discs which ran about 3-minutes per side (although you could slow them down to make the exercises easier. There was also a 12-inch set just for women but I haven’t been able to find my copy for many years.
Michael Biel.