[78-L] For 78's, What Does Transcription Mean?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com.invalid
Thu Apr 2 02:10:58 PDT 2020

Bing’s desire to pre-record his program was ONLY to be able to edit. It had NOTHING to do with his golf schedule or any other leisure activity. If you consult the book of Bing’s chronology you will see that the Philco recording schedule followed a strict week after week after week after week recording schedule at the same day and time each week. No doubling up of programs so he could get out of town. I don’t know if he or the network chose the day and time, but it was rigidly consistent for all the seasons of the series.

Michael Biel.