[78-L] Fw: For 78's, What Does Transcription Mean?

DKing ginku_ledovec at att.net.invalid
Tue Mar 31 21:57:55 PDT 2020

Thanks David, that makes sense.

And it helped seeing your example of musical transcription too.  If you approve of the idea of taking one type of music and putting it into a new arrangement for a different style of music, you might like the work of Scott Bradlee’s “Postmodern Jukebox”.

For example, take “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”, where Green Day's rock & roll is transformed by Bradlee.

Note by Scott Bradlee, who is on the piano:

"On our day off on tour we brought Maiya Sykes into the studio, where she delivered this powerful, emotionally raw performance of Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" on the very first take.  Folks, Maiya Sykes is the real deal, and everyone should know about this incredible vocalist."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZck9O-kBU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZck9O-kBU>

The comparison is a long way from classical music, so I hope I’m forgiven by Stokowski.

- Dave King