[78-L] Thesaurus Label

gdkimball@cox.net gdkimball@cox.net gdkimball at cox.net.invalid
Tue Mar 31 10:18:49 PDT 2020

Hi all, I am trying to find all issued versions of the blind street singer Jimmie Strother's songs. There's an entry for the Golden Gate Quartet doing "Blood Stained Bandits" in Blues and Gospel Records circa June-August 1943 on a 16-inch transcription disc under the label name Thesaurus. I've seen entries in UNC's collection for transcriptions with the label "NBC Thesaurus: A Treasure House of Recorded Programs." Anybody know if these recordings exist, and, if so, where?

Gregg Kimball