[78-L] Hate songs directed to Axis leaders

Lloyd Davies all_my_linx at yahoo.ca.invalid
Mon Mar 30 20:32:44 PDT 2020

I recall someone asking (as far back as 10 years ago) for WWII songs imprecating the Axis leaders.  I could only offer Berlin's "When that man is dead and gone".
But I recently bought_The Gem dance folio for 1943_ published by Shapiro Bernstein, and it has many unfamiliar songs which were probably never recorded.

partial contents:(the familiar)
In the blue of the evening
Pennsylvania polka
I came here to talk for Joe
Rose Ann of Charing Cross

(the unfamiliar)
Bye, bye Benito

Here comes the NavyI'm a pris'ner of war (on a foreign shore)
I had a pal on Guadalcanal
I'm in love with a guy who flies in the sky
When the crimson snow of Russia is white again
Care of Uncle Sam
That's the infantry
The blue bugle call
Eyes aloft