[78-L] Three Questions

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Fri Mar 6 03:04:34 PST 2020

	THREE QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN KEEPING ME AWAKE THAT MIGHT BE EASILY
ANSWERED BY SOMEONE WITH A GOOD MEMORY.

	Back when Julian Vein was regularly posting to the list, he often
mentioned weekend auto trips he would take on summer weekends to
automobile record sales around the English countryside. Participants
would sell 78s, (and probably other speeds, as well), from their car
trunks. I’m trying to remember what these weekend record fairs were
called. I seem to recall it had something to do with the British term
for car trunk. Not bonnet...that would be the front of the car. These
sales were definitely from the trunk in the rear.

	The second question is on Ray Charles. When I first joined the list,
I came in at the tail-end of a thread on Ray Charles on 78. One of his
purportedly outstanding early 78s was mentioned that I had never heard
of. So it wasn’t WHAT’D I SAY or I’VE GOT A WOMAN. It may have
been on early Atlantic, Swing Time or another small label.

	A more general question...

	Is there a way to search the 78-L archive with a "key" word?

	I thought there was, but I can’t find a place to enter the "key"
word.

	Thanks for any help.

	RayK