[78-L] Three Canadian brothers with Fred Waring

Lloyd Davies all_my_linx at yahoo.ca.invalid
Sat Jan 25 17:37:57 PST 2020

      Got it.  The Culley Brothers : Fred, George and Edwin.  God bless Mel Hurtig and the Canadian Encyclopedia.     "Fred Culley, concertmaster, assistant conductor, and finally music director with Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians for some 40 years, and his brother George, a trumpeter with the same orchestra for some 25 years."
      The Canadian Antique Phonograph Society (CAPS) identifies Edwin as the third brother and, I think, the one who couldn't get a work visa.  CAPS says there were two other Torontonians with the Waring outfit at this same time.  Can anyone help there?     - Stephen in Calgary