[78-L] new pitfalls of web searching

Lloyd Davies all_my_linx at yahoo.ca.invalid
Wed Jan 8 14:46:08 PST 2020

While Honking Duck seems down for the count, you can still search the 78 rpm discography site by adding a site phrase to your search:For example:
site:www.78discography.com eizman
which produced no results for Eizman.

Is anyone else getting a plethora of brand new and highly suspicious websites in their web searches?  There are hundreds now, and they have amassed the .pdf's from every site and on every subject imaginable.  It's freaking me out that I have to be so careful in deciding which "hit" I will follow in my web searching.  The .pdf isn't the issue, but it's a problem to visit an unverified website.
- Lloyd in Calgary