[78-L] Vertical and Lateral

Rodger J. Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Oct 21 06:08:38 PDT 2019

I was explaining the difference between vertical and lateral record to a youngster. Afterwards I got to thinking about the early disc companies that used vertical.

Correct me if I’m wrong. It looks to me that Edison was the first vertical disc in the business. Anybody predate him on that??

We know why Edison used it. It was his general belief that vertical was inherently superior. Is that the same rationale used by Pathe, OKeh or anybody else??  Or were they striving for for some measure of compatibility with Edison with their adjustable V/L reproducers?

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles

Sent from my sluggish old iPhone, which explainz any bad typjng, bad spellimg, nonsensical word choices, delays and all other lapses.