[78-L] Columbia Hall of Fame Series Discography

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Fri Jul 26 19:36:27 PDT 2019

On 7/26/2019 9:08 PM, DKing wrote:
> I apologize to everyone, I should have been even more precise.  This all began when I found an old 10-inch record album.  Now after further research, I am not sure if the record album in question is shellac or vinyl, or even if it is 78 rpm.
>
> This album is part of the Columbia “Hall of Fame Series”:  Frankie Laine, record album # 50006, 10-inch, one song per each side - which makes me think it is 78 rpm.  Song on one side is Jezebel, RHCO 4455.  Song on the other side is Jealousy (Jalousie), RHCO 4595.  Both sides show album # 50006.
>
> The ONLY place online where I found this album is on a French music lovers website - which shows album year as 1954:
>
> https://www.rocky-52.net/chanteursl/laine_f.htm
>
> Any ideas on why I can’t easily find this 10-inch Frankie Laine album online ??

Jezebel was one of Frankie Lane's huge hits. It was reissued many times
and this was one of them. This reissue was done in the crossover era,
when 78's and 45's were issued at the same time, often confusingly with
the same numbers. I see quite a few of these in 45, not so many on 78.
All 45's in this era were 7" large center hole.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully

---