[78-L] Registry backlog

Rodger J Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Thu Apr 18 20:31:09 PDT 2019

I keep a list by borrowing the labor of Steven Abrams  and Tyrone Settlemier.  Steve created a huge list of American 78 issues and Tyrone has posted it on the internet in chart/spreadsheet format at
http://www.78discography.com/

I downloaded (well, copied/pasted, actually) most of the major labels and created Excel files from that.  I added a column and marked it with a 1 if I owned a title.  Most of the American pop records of the 78rpm era are already listed, and all I've got to do is check them off as they arrive.  When my grandson was seven years old he was learning Excel basics and he had a ball over a few weekends helping old grandad by scrolling to the next number I called out, typing a 1 in the appropriate boxes.  Then he moved away.  I sure miss him.

I suggest you hurry if you're going to copy the pages as I did, as I see the site hasn't been updated since October 26, 2017 and most of the ancillary links on the home page are dead, so it looks like it's now an orphaned page, but the listings I just checked all still worked.  I'd be lost without it.

Tyrone used to be on 78-L but haven't heard from him in years.  One link that does work is to take you to his Facebook page, and it seems to have been dormant since October 26, 2017 also.

Anybody know anything about Tyrone?

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles